Stoke Sunday 31st December – CANCELLED!
By BSCDA, Dec 30 2017 11:25AM
News from Startrax.
WEATHER 1 – Startrax 0
We always attempt to act in the best interest of our drivers and fans and try anticipate with some surety as good a show and as safe possible. Taking into account the weather over the last 24 hours and the prognosis on top of the 'frozen' conditions, in the best interest of all we feel it appropriate to make an early decision to cancel this event.
With the weather turning severe Thursday night into Friday and further rain anticipated, sometimes heavy, forecast over night Saturday into Sunday we have reluctantly decided to cancel Sunday’s event. Until this last bout of severe weather the track was ‘well prepped’ but sheer volume of rain and snow and freezing temperatures have left parts of the track under water. Whilst the water will clear, with further rain, there will be absolutely no chance of preparing an acceptable racing surface.
Indeed, the forecast from 12 – 3.pm Sunday is for ‘sun’ however, rain is forecast throughout the night until around 7.aam Sunday morning.
Given also the cold and wet weather it would not be unreasonable to expect cancellations from drivers due to the general conditions - and having to prepare and load cars in the next 24 hours.
We have decided to make an early decision as one or two drivers are travelling some distance and of course people can make alternative plans.
We apologise for any disappointment caused and as always thank you for your understanding – and, sometimes, the weather wins!
We wish everyone a very Happy New Year